Since it is Mother's Day I decided to add 3 special songs to my blog. When each of my daughter's were born I created a disc with a special song that made me think of them when I heard it played. I took the disc and put it in their baby book.
Angela's song is You are so beautiful to Me by Joe Cocker. When I had Angela I had wanted a baby girl for so long and she was just so beautiful to me. That song just seemed to work.
When Lindsey was born there was something about her that I knew was different. Lindsey has always been so happy and is such a leader to others. I want her to embrace those qualities but also remember that there is greatness beyond her and acknowledge God in all things. Lindsey's song is I hope you dance.
When Savannah was born she really was such a blessing to our family. She was such a good baby. She slept and ate so well. Since Angela and Lindsey were getting older by the time Savannah was born I remember looking at her not so much as a baby, but more as an extension of what she would become. Savannah's song is In my daughter's Eyes by Martina McBride.
When I look at my daughter's I feel as though I have accomplished something great. I always remind myself of the importance of my children and try to be a good example and influence in their lives. I am so thankful for my own mother and the wonderful example she has been to me. Motherhood is the most special calling we are given as women. I hope we always remember to value it.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
that's so tender and sweet. what a great idea. you are a good mom. happy mothers day.
love ya.
Post a Comment