Monday, November 17, 2008

Halloween 2008...

These are the gifts bags Greg and I made for Lindsey's class. I bet your wondering if I am a Room Mother? No, each year I make something for the girl's class. Angela explained to me that she was too old this year...and I was okay with that.


Lindsey as Princess Leia...if her feet seem to look blurry it's because she was moving it out like the Parade was depending on her.


Angela strolling along just looking cool. I guess when you are in 4th grade you understand that everyone behind you will wait. Take your moment in the Sun...Pose for a few pictures...why not?



Lindsey's friends always spend a good deal of time trying to get Savannah to either smile or say their names. I think Savannah enjoys all the attention.




Savannah was pretty excited about all of that candy. She can now clearly say the phrase, "Candy please?" Isn't Halloween a great holiday...

I love Halloween so much more now that we have children. I have always enjoyed Halloween, but mostly just because I love seeing the little children in their cute costumes (okay...and the candy). Halloween Day was filled with fun. Greg was off work on Halloween Day and that just made the day even better. Greg and I started off our day finishing Halloween broom bags for Lindsey's class at school (Greg has no ego when it comes to supporting his wife and her crazy ideas). We then drove to the school and watched the girls in their Halloween parade. Lindsey's class walked by so fast it was difficult to take pictures. Angela's class is a little older, and a lot more comfortable posing for the cameras. After the parade we went to the class parties and I ran a 'pin the eye on the monster' game. I did my best to make it fun, but basically the kids figured out quickly that I was given the least fun activity there was and my line was frequently short. After the parties, Greg and I went home and thanked God for the children we were given. Being around other people's children at parties tends to do that to us. Anyway, that evening we took all the kids out trick-or-treating. Savannah caught on to this tactic quickly and took full advantage of her cuteness. The girls came home and poured the candy on the floor, traded a few pieces, threw away a few pieces and then spent the rest of the evening laying on the floor talking about all their Halloween memories. It was a wonderful Halloween.

No comments: