Monday, September 14, 2009

Soccer is not for the weak...

Saturday was Lindsey's 1st Soccer game. Lindsey was so nervous before the game she alternated between crying and explaining to me all the reason why it was okay if she skipped the game.
As we were sitting on the sidelines Lindsey ran by us and yelled out with a smile, "I didn't think it was going to be like this!!" Greg and I looked at each other and said, "What does that mean? Is that good or bad?" We figured the smile meant it was good.

Lindsey did such an awesome job. She was aggressive...she was all over the ball. I even saw her break out her Super Run a few times.


Since this was their first game the kids took turns playing goalie. Lindsey did really well, she would move to each side of the net depending on where the ball was at. All the sudden the ball was kicked at the net...Lindsey kicked the ball out...and then took off with the ball down the field. Apparently this girl can't be contained by a net...she needs to be where the action is. Greg and I started yelling, "Lindsey get back to the net!" Lindsey just laughed and ran back to the net. We thought, "Whew...maybe she just didn't understand what the goalie's job is?" Greg went over and talked to her. Nope...next time the ball was kicked at the net...again Lindsey takes off with the ball down the field. It was quite funny because they are still young, however she's may not be asked to play goalie when she gets older... We asked her after the game if she understood that she was supposed to stay at the net? She said, "If I stay at the net I don't get to play as much." I think maybe she's just not goalie material...



Chad has such a great time watching Lindsey play soccer. He thinks his sisters are just hilarious. I think he's right...their pretty entertaining. Oh by the way...Lindsey's team won their 1st game. Go Lindsey!!

1 comment:

Kevin and Kristen said...

Yea Lindsey! It is so funny how little girls think so hard about things, but have such a fun time when it comes down to it. Such a cute little guy Chad is!