Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Golfer in Training...



There is a program here called The First Tee. Golfing coaches donate their time to help children (ages 8 and up) learn to golf. It is a wonderful program. Did I mention it is also free...which makes it even more wonderful.

Angela has gone with Greg several times to the driving range and hit balls before, however this program is 2X a week for an hour and a half a day. Before Angela went to the class, we talked about how these coaches were donating their time and that she needed to put forth extra effort and try to get all she could out of this class. The first class went so well. Angela hit 40 balls in the air and some of them went almost 50 yards. With each class she has improved.

I love it when my children go to a class and try hard even when it is not easy. I know that trying new sports can be frustrating, but their attitude can make all the difference. Angela has had such a great attitude this entire class, not every class is perfect, but she keeps trying and that makes all the difference.

Greg has been able to make it to all of her classes. Usually, I drop her off and then he arrives shortly after that from work so he can watch her golf. I know it makes Angela happy that her Dad hurries home from work just so he can watch her golf.

1 comment:

Pat Reed said...

Angela looks so old there with her golf clubs...I don't understand how time seems to go by so quickly watching them grow up. I'm so proud of how many new talents both of the girls have developed.