Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I'm finally back... kindof.

We are proud to announce:

Chad Samuel Kraus
March 09, 2009
6 lbs. 9oz.

Chad's hair looked so curly right after he was born, but it has straightened out.

The girls are just in love with Chad. They are so loving towards him. I love watching them all together. It brings such happiness to my heart. (that sounds so corny)


Savannah was just blown away by Chad the night he was delivered. Our good friend Debbie, brought the girls up to the hospital so they could see Chad before they went to school the next day. Savannah did not take that smile off her face the entire time she was there for her visit.



The day after Chad was born, all the girls came up to the hospital and spent the day with us up there.


This was right before we were discharged. Greg and I were exhausted but so happy.



I'm sorry it has taken me so long to post pictures of Chad. Greg's schedule is just crazy right now (4am-7-8pm). He is on this schedule for the next two months. I can't wait for it to be over. Greg is such an amazing Dad that it is really difficult when he is not around. When Greg isn't around there is a lot more for me to do. Since I am making this blog into a book I thought I would record some events from my induction experience. Two weeks before my due date, Greg and I went to my doctor's appointment. As we were sitting there in the waiting room we were talking about how nice it would be to have a scheduled delivery. Greg told me the only way that would happen is if my blood pressure went up. I told him that was highly unlikely since it has never been high with any other pregnancy. Right then they called my name and I went back for my vitals. The nurse took my blood pressure and looked concern. They also found some protein in my urine. The USUHS clinic then sent me to the triage to make sure everything was fine with the baby. After several other blood pressure readings they eventually decided to induce labor on March 9th. I decided to read a little bit about induction online, which was a mistake. The night before the induction I had a hard time sleeping. All I could think of was all of the complications that can arise from being induced. The morning of the induction we went in and things got rolling around noon. Once the Pitocin began flowing I started to feel a little uncomfortable. I had an awesome Anesthesiologist. I have to give a "shout-out" to Dr. Dobson for taking away my pain and making Chad's delivery so wonderful. When it was time to push the nurse came in and told me we were going to do some practice pushes. I barely started pushing and she started yelling for a doctor. A doctor ran in...put on her gown...and reached out just in time to catch Chad. I don't think he would have waited another second. Greg said that Chad basically delivered himself. However...I like to think I had a little something to do with it. :-)


Since Chad has come home I have continued to have some issues with my blood pressure, which means lots of appointments and concern. However, since I wasn't having any other symptoms of preeclampsia my doctor has been waiting to see if it will drop on it's own. Greg has taken my blood pressure several times for me and it has continued to drop. Which is wonderful news. Yesterday when Greg took my blood pressure I was back down to my normal healthy range. Enough about me...


Chad has been such a wonderful baby. He is so calm and easy going. We have really enjoyed having this sweet baby in our home. I'm a little scared to take him out too much because there are so many horrible viruses going around. However, apparently viruses find us whether we go out or not. Two days ago I got the flu. Thank goodness my Mom is here. I don't know what I would have done otherwise. Well it is time to go and feed the baby...and as you know they wait for no one.


3 comments:

Kevin and Kristen said...

Congratulations you guys! He is so sweet and tiny, and I am sure the girls are absolutely loving him. Not to mention a BIG help. I am so glad everything went well for you Sharon.

The Reed Clan said...

I am so glad to see pictures of him, he really looks like Greg I think. I hope everything is starting to settle down for all of you.

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I have been anxiously awaiting some photos. He is so cute. I love the look on Savannah's face. What a sweetheart. Let me know if I can help you. I am so sorry to read that you had the flu!!!